lunes, 4 de marzo de 2019

Shadows

Hi, artists!

So we had to portrait a classmate and then do another portrait just next to it and put as many shadows as it was needed. This allows to give volume to the drawing. 

I have to admit that although in the hybrid I finally did quite some good shadows, it was very difficult for me to imagine where was appopriate for the shadows to be. You cannot draw them wherever you want. You have to imagine there is a light, locate it and then do the shadows as they would appear if the light was in there. I still think the shadows are my weak point, but I tried to do my best and I searched for Rembrandt in order to inspire myself. But even though I did that, I still think the result was not as good as I expected. I will have to practice more the shadows but I am improving.

This is the result:


As we can see, the first one is the one without shadows. We can see that in the other one there is more volume. Of course, this will be useful for me in the future to improve my shadows.                       

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Let's use mud!!!!!!

Hi, artists! The other day we were capable of expressing ourseleves by creating something with mud. I wanted to do a bird (the expressi...