lunes, 12 de noviembre de 2018

Hybrid


Hi, artists!

Today I am going to explain you a concept called a "hybrid". I will also give you tips about the process you can follow to create one of your own.

We started the course by creating our own hybrid (to make something new by taking two objects that exist). In order to do so, there was a process that was followed.

1. First of all, we wrote down 15 concepts:


And then we had to choose two. It was told to us that it was better for them to be different (one organic and the other inorganic, for example). That is why I chose a "duck" and "skates".

2. I started doing sketches of my idea in order to know how I was going to draw it and paint it.


I decided to name it "Duller" as it is a combination between "duck" and "roller skate" and because it is similar to "ruler" (leader). 
I started skating later than other people did but I gave my best and I improved a lot in little time. I do believe people can follow their dreams no matter what people say. You must be the ruler of your own destiny. 
The duck for me, as a bird, also symbolizes the freedom. In this case, freedom of choice. And that is why I chose these two objects and this name. Duller is similar to "dollar" and I thought it could be a critique as, for example, skating is a very expensive sport, which does not allow everybody to enter. It is a critique about how does money block the freedom of choice of some people.



3. Finally, I draw my hybrid and I painted it (what I focused on was on the shadows in order to give volume to the painting).


I think I learnt better how to put volume and to express myself (something that for somebody could seem only as a weird combination, for me means much more), but in the end, the hybrid means not being able to identify any of the elements you have used to create it and maybe I have not got quite well that because the duck is quite identifiable. But we learn from mistakes, don't we?




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Let's use mud!!!!!!

Hi, artists! The other day we were capable of expressing ourseleves by creating something with mud. I wanted to do a bird (the expressi...